Ascutney Outdoors Winterfest: Powder, Pig, and Party
On February 23, join Ascutney Outdoors, in partnership with Brownsville Butcher and Pantry and Harpoon Brewery, for a day of festivities including ski racing, tubing, a pig roast, and an evening party with live music by Frydaddy. There will also be raffle items and a live auction. Mark your calendar for a day of good food and fun on the mountain!
This event is a fundraiser to support the mission of Ascutney Outdoors. Donations are welcome and can be made in person or here.
Noon-4 pm: Rope Tow Open
Noon-4 pm: Tubing
1-1:30 pm: Ski Race Registration
2 pm: Guided Snowshoe: Explore the beautiful trails on Mt. Ascutney by snowshoe. The hike will be approximately 90 minutes in duration and all ages and abilities are welcome. Participants must have their own snowshoes.
2-4 pm Ski Race: A fun-filled, two-run format Giant Slalom course will be set for you to race friends and visitors down Main Slope. We will have three classes, Alpine, Snowboard and Telemark, and various age groups. Sign up to race or come cheer for your favorite racer. Prizes will be awarded for best time and the best antique ski outfit. An optional competitive uphill race leg may be added if conditions allow. All abilities and ages of participants are welcome.
3-6 pm: Pig Roast: Brownsville Butcher and Pantry will be serving pig roast with all the fixin’s! Plates will be $15 ($8 for kids 8 and under). A cash bar with beer and wine will be available.
7-10 pm: Dance Party: Local favorites Frydaddy will be rocking the Ascutney Outdoors Center Saturday night! Frydaddy has served up a spicy gumbo of rockin’ soul in the Upper Valley for close to thirty years. Speaking of spicy, Brownsville Butcher and Pantry will be back at it again, this time serving up a chili bar. Tickets for the dance party are $45 per person. Cash bar with beer and wine will be available.
Raffle: Ascutney Outdoors is collecting some fantastic items to be raffled off at Winterfest. Two raffles will be held the day of the event: one during the Pig Roast in the afternoon and the other during the Dance Party. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for $2 per ticket or 3 for $5. You must be present to win!
- Pig Roast: $15/$8 for children 8 & under
- Dance Party: $45
- Tubing: $10 for 6 tickets
- Ski Race Registration: Pre-Registration $10; Same-Day Registration $15. To pre-register or for more information, contact Erika at [email protected].
- As always, there is no charge to use the Ascutney Rope Tow, but donations are welcome.
Ascutney Outdoors thanks the following organizations for their support:
- Anne’s Plainfield Country Convenience Store
- Brite Lite Electric, LLC
- Dark Horse Realty & Property Services
- DSM Environmental Services Inc.
- Engineering Ventures
- Financial Strategies Retirement Partners
- Frazer Insurance Agency, Inc.
- G. Smith Builders
- Harrington Land, Lawn and Home LLC
- LaValley Building Supply, LLC
- Ledyard Bank
- Ricci Law PLC
- Shelley M. Seward CFP
- Stevens Engineering
- Townline Equipment
- Wheelock Investment Partners LLC
- Image Works Studio
- Reading Greenhouses
- Tami’s Head Lines
RAFFLE and AUCTION DONORS:
- Friends and Company
- The Boot Pro
- Green Mountain Smokehouse
- Paradise Sports
- Ray Shannis
- Omer and Bob’s
- Golf and Ski Warehouse
- Tami’s Headlines
- Orange Lakes Resort/Holiday Inn Vacations – The Maple Kitchen
- Farm-way, Inc.
- Skunk Hollow Tavern
- Tibbits Equipment Services
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar