Alpine skiers have been thrilled about Ascutney’s varied terrain and friendly appeal for over 60 years. Building on this tradition, Ascutney Outdoors offers a 1,800’ Doppelmayr T-bar that serves 8 trails, 26 acres of skiable terrain for all ability levels, a 450 foot vertical drop, and the longest run of 3100 feet. Our lifts are adjacent to the Ascutney Outdoors Center, which is a wonderful gathering place to warm up and relax.
Our operations are dependent on volunteers and natural snow conditions and may change any time. Please check ahead on the News section on our website Home Page or Facebook for the most up-to-date information on operations.
Purchase A Supporter Pass
Select your choice of Supporter Pass (adult, youth, etc.) from the drop-down menu and then click the “Add to Cart” button. If you are buying multiple Passes, go back to the website and click on each addition item. When finished, check out on PayPal – we accept PayPal or credit card.
Please list the name for each Pass holder in the comment of Operation in the comment box above the PayPal button.
Hours of Operation
Saturday and Sunday afternoon from Noon until 4PM during the season.
We also plan to be open on Monday, February 15th for Presidents Day, but no other weekdays during the season.
Thursday Night Classic – on Rope Tow, racers required to pre-register. Suspended per State directive – Erika will provide updates.
School Programs – TBD per State directives.
If the T-bar cannot open, the Rope Tow may open to the public at no charge – goodwill donations much appreciated. In addition, depending upon snow cover, we may have to limit the T-bar to the first intermediate stop.
T-bar Lift Tickets
Supporter Passes will guarantee a T-bar ticket whenever we operate. Day Tickets will be available for sale too, however, we may need to limit purchases if the lines become too crowed to practice safe COVID procedures.
Everyone must obtain a physical ticket, including Supporter Pass holders and young children. Tickets will be issued only in lower level of the AOC.
T-bar Lift Prices
Day Pass – Open to Top
Age 18+ = $15. Youth 7-17 = $10. Age 6 and under = Free.
Day Pass – When Open to First Stop (mid-station) Only
Age 18+ = $10. Youth 7-17 = $7. Age 6 and under = Free.
Season “Supporter Pass”
- Adult (18 and older) = $100. Unlimited T-bar.
- Youth (ages 7 – 17) = $50. Unlimited T-bar.
- Family of 2 = $150. Additional family member (18 and under) $25 each.
The Supporter Pass is a great way to support AO and all we do for the community – whether you ski one day or ten, or not at all. It helps us cover our overhead and be sustainable. As noted above, it also will guarantee that you will have a pass each day you ski.
Special COVID-19 Statement
- Face coverings are required when purchasing tickets, in lift lines and waiting areas, and when loading.
- The capacity of the AOC is limited to 50 people per current regulations. No long-term ‘hanging out’.
- Current plan is for only a single person on each “T” – unless from same household or cohort.
- T-bar loader will be masked. Mid-Station and Upper attendants must mask if offering assistance to a “down” skier but not required otherwise.
- We will wipe down the lower portion of “pole” and “seats” prior to running each day
- All skiers must have ski passes with Liability Disclaimer – please read and abide by the Skier Responsibility Code .
- Although we have volunteer Safety Patrollers that serve on our groomed slopes, you ski at your own risk.
- No sledding or snow tubing on the ski trails served by the lifts when in operation.
- All pets must be leashed when in the vicinity of the lift-served slopes.