2019-20 Winter Season Updates
Alpine skiers have been thrilled about Ascutney’s varied terrain and friendly appeal for over 60 years. Building on this tradition, Ascutney Outdoors was pleased to begin operating our new 1,800’ Doppelmayr T-bar. It serves a number of trails on the lower mountain slopes with skiing for all abilities. Our lifts are adjacent to the new Ascutney Outdoors Center, which offers a wonderful gathering place to warm up and relax. Check-in and tickets are available at the Ascutney Outdoors Center. See below to learn about and purchase season Supporter Passes.
Our operations are dependent on volunteers and natural snow conditions and may be subject to change at any time. Please check ahead on the News section on our website Home Page for the most up-to-date information on operations. We also post on Facebook.
Hours of Operation
Thurs Night Friday Night Saturday Sunday
Classic Racing Feb Only Open Skiing Open Skiing
5:30 – 8:30pm 6:00 – 8:00pm Noon – 4pm Noon – 4pm
Additional holiday weekday skiing TBD, based on volunteers and conditions.
Thursday Night Classic – on Rope Tow, registered racers only.
Our 800’ Rope Tow will be available primarily for school, community groups, and racing when conditions merit. If the T-bar cannot open, the Rope Tow will be open to the public at no charge, but goodwill donations are much appreciated and will support our operations. In addition, depending upon snow cover, we may have to limit the T-bar to the first intermediate stop.
T-bar Lift Day Prices
Day Pass – Open to Top
Age 15+ = $15. Youth 7-14 = $10. Age 6 and under = Free.
Day Pass – When Open to First Stop (mid-station) Only
Age 15+ = $10. Youth 7-14 = $7. Age 6 and under = Free.
Season “Supporter Pass”
- Adult (15 and older) = $100. Unlimited T-bar plus one free tubing voucher (6 rides).
- Youth (ages 7 – 14) = $50. Unlimited T-bar plus one free tubing voucher.
- Family of 2 = $150. Unlimited T-bar plus two free tubing vouchers.
- Additional family member 18 and under = $25 each.
The Supporter Pass is intentional – whether you ski one day or ten, or not at all, it’s a great way to support AO and all we do for the community. It helps us cover our overhead and be sustainable. Select your choice(s) of Supporter Pass from the drop-down menu and add your contact information (include all names if a family pass), click the “Add to Cart” button for each item, then purchase – accept PayPal or credit card.
Details about how to pick up your pass are found in Supporter Pass Information.
- All skiers must have ski passes with Liability Disclaimer – please read and abide by the Skier Responsibility Code .
- Although we have volunteer Safety Patrollers that serve on our groomed slopes, you ski at your own risk.
- No sledding or snow tubing on the ski trails served by the lifts when in operation.
- All pets must be leashed when in the vicinity of the lift-served slopes.